This week on the blog:
- Review: Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson – A YA dystopian with superheroes! – 4 stars
- Discussion: Struggling with Reviews – What do you do when you have review-writer’s block?
- Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5) by Ilona Andrews
- The first few books in this series were good, but these last two were phenomenal. It keeps getting better and better!
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- To sum up my full Goodreads review: “The brilliance is in the way she builds up hope, only to dash it to pieces. Flynn manages to manipulate her readers just as the characters manipulate each other, and it’s through that process that we come to understand them.”
Still working on:
- Summer Knight (Dresden Files #4) by Jim Butcher
- I did not get into this HBO series when it first started, but on Sunday I got sucked into a marathon before the Season 3 premiere and got hooked. I still have a lot of issues with it, but as often as I want to strangle Hannah, I also find her somewhat endearing.
- andhim – “The Wizard of Us”
- I have always been a fan of electronic music, but recently I’ve decided to more actively try to discover new electronic artists. I used to rely on the BPM channel on Sirius/XM, but now that we’ve gotten rid of that service, I need to be more proactive. This duo is performing tonight in Chicago, and if I can keep my 30-something self awake that long, I plan to try and go catch them live. But honestly, I can’t even remember the last time I was out after 1am.
What have you been up to this week?
Leave a Reply