This week on the blog:
- I started the process of integrating book information from old reviews into the Ultimate Book Blogger plugin, so that I can start using its awesome automated review index feature.
- Review: Immortal by Gillian Shields – A gothic YA from 2009 – 3 stars
- Top Ten Tuesday – Top Ten Goals/Resolutions for 2014
- Writing Wednesday – Biweekly goal check-in
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Fluke #1) by Joanne Fluke
- This series includes cookie recipes between chapters. Of course I have to try them this weekend!
- Immortal (Immortal #1) by Gillian Shields
- My full review was posted on Monday.
- Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5) by Ilona Andrews
- Paris by Edward Rutherford
- This was a beast I picked up from the library. I don’t know if I’ll have time to finish it, but I figure I’ll give it a try.
- I have signed up for some challenges in my various groups on Goodreads. Here are the ones new for 2014:
- Decades Challenge – Read 14 books published in 2014, 13 books from 2013, etc.
- Serial Reader Challenge – Read 29 books from 16 different series from various categories.
- Yahtzee Challenge – Play a monthly round of Yahtzee, reading books to fit your dice rolls.
- Listopia Challenge – Read from select Listopia lists on Goodreads.
- Dusty Bookshelf Challenge – Post older books you want to read from your TBR and someone picks two for you to try to read each month
- Finish What You Started Challenge – Post series you need to catch up on and someone picks a series from which you try to read two books each month
- LOST: Longest On Shelf To-be-read Challenge – Read the 10 oldest books on your to-read shelf.
- Moving Mountains Challenge – Read pre-selected books from your to-read shelf to whittle it down.
- Like a Good Neighbor, Goodreads Is There Challenge – Read 25 books from categories that use Goodreads features.
- Literary Exploration Challenge – Read 36 different genres.
- Goodreads Reading Challenge – Read 100 books.
- Cougar Town
- One of my favorite comedies returned for a new season on Tuesday. Let’s pound some grape!
- I started a new swim class this week. The Park District was offering weekly technique classes and I couldn’t resist the cheap price for a chance to brush up on my swim stroke and maybe learn some new drills.
What have you been up to this week?
Leave a Reply