You know that thing where you keep meaning to call/email someone, and then you forget, and then so much time passes that you know it’s going to take more than just a quick call/email to catch up, so you put off that phone call/email? And then more time passes and the next thing you know a month or two have gone by and now you’re embarrassed and wonder if it’s weird to call/email now? And then after a few more months you start to think that maybe you should just never contact them again because it’s going to be super awkward to pop back up into their lives?
This = that.
So much has been going on that I don’t even know where to start.
- I’ve been reading, but mostly adult and non-fiction books. A friend of mine just started a new YA book club, though, and the break from YA fiction has me energized to get back into it.
- I’ve been writing, but the process is slow. I just finished up an online course on Scrivener and another on YA Steampunk, and I started a 4 week workshop on Writing Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I re-enrolled in the monthly Advanced YA Fiction Workshop that I had to miss during the summer session. I’m still hedging on whether to try NaNoWriMo again this year.Â
- I’ve been running my fool head off, and completed not just the planned one (Chicago) but TWO triathlons and two 5K races in the span of a month. I’m still training for the 15K in November, registered for a 10-mile race in May, and plan to run at least two half marathons in the spring.
- I joined the Masters swim team and a team fitness challenge at my gym. I am officially a workout junkie, and can happily report that I’ve lost 23 pounds since Memorial Day.
- I’m working on five different computer science/programming courses simultaneously on Coursera.org and edX.org. I plan to roll my sleeves up and dig into HTML5 and CSS3 when these are done.
In light of all the crazy listed above, the format of this blog is going to change a little. I love books, but they are only one small section of my life. I’d like to share more than just my reviews with you. If that’s all I have to offer, then I might as well close up shop and move to Goodreads, amirite? I realize some of you may not care about the cool bit of computer nerdery I cooked up, or whether I PR’ed in my last road race. But I’m a sharer. It’s what I do.
I hope to work out some semblance of a schedule in the coming weeks so you know when to expect what randomness will come out of this blog. There will still be reviews, probably of both YA and adult books, as well as the return of Writing Wednesdays. The other stuff will fill in the blank spaces.Â
It’s good to be back.
Leave a Reply