Silly Sunday – Vampire Diaries Parody

Apr
10 COMMENTS • This post is filed under: Features, Silly Sunday

I have three confessions to make: 1) I love The Vampire Diaries TV show more than life itself; 2) I want Ian Somerhalder to be my best friend; and 3) I don’t plan to ever read the L.J. Smith books.

I know you’re probably thinking “Best friend? Get real. I want Ian to be my luvah.” Don’t get me wrong. The man is smoking hot. I’ve loved him since his Young Americans days when he cavorted with Kate Bosworth and Katherine Moennig before they became famous. The fact is, though, that I have a beautiful husband already. Ian Somerhalder is not just a hottie actor, either. He’s an altruistic soul who tweets endlessly about ethical treatment of animals and the planet. He’s into saving the world in all of my favorite ways, and for that I want him to be my BFF.

But enough about arm candy. Let’s talk TVD. I’ll admit that my primary motivation for watching was one Mr. Somerhalder, but you know…also that whole hot vampire thing. This show, while mainly marketed to the teenaged set, also happens to be plain old effing good television. As much as my husband and family make fun of me, I can’t get enough of it. Plot twists nearly every week that – GASP! – get resolved. It moves quickly, has plenty of humor, lots of heart, and more beautiful people than should legally be allowed on the same show.

I’m team Jerefelboncartymon. (Which is to say, JERemy, stEFan, ELena, BONnie, CARoline, TYler and daMON.)

You’d think, being the voracious reader that I am, that this would also mean I’d devour the L.J. Smith series on which the show is based. You’d be wrong. I’m such a huge fan of the show now that I’m afraid the books will never live up to my expectations. Have any of you read them? Tell me if I’m wrong.

Anyway, this was all a very big lead-in to a video I found via an Ian Somerhalder tweet (@iansomerhalder). It’s a parody of TVD by The Hillywood Show. It’s not quite as funny as I hoped for, since most of it is just one long music video, but the opening bit with the brothers is clever, complete with Stefan’s endless rolling up of his shirtsleeves. They have the mannerisms down pat.

I like the outtakes at the end, too.

CommentLuv badge

10 Responses to “Silly Sunday – Vampire Diaries Parody”

1. Missie says:

Bringing it back old school style. I totally remember Young Americans and I loved that show. I wanted to be Ian's roommate. hehehe

That is some pretty major team love. 🙂

P.S. I don't plan on ever reading the VD either. 🙁

2. Small Review says:

LOL! That was good. They did a great job capturing the mannerisms of the characters.

Are you missing anything by not reading the books? Meh. The TV show is a lot better. I'm team Jerefelcartymon-sometimes bon when she doesn't have a chip on her shoulder. I do like L.J. Smith's Secret Circle and Night World series though. If you like Damon, wait until you meet Ash from Night World. Oo lala.

3. Rubita says:

Do yourself a favor and do NOT read the books. It would be a waste of your time. The show is a zillion times better.

I have to question your judgment, though, in wanting to be Damon's "best friend". That seems a sad waste of so much prettiness.

I liked the video, though you're right that it could have been better. Have you read the recaps at TWOP? You should!

4. Aylee says:

I've never read this series and I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of the TV show. Perhaps I would be if I had the time to spare… but OMGosh that parody! LOL! Very clever.

5. Steph says:

I LOVE the show. I'll read the books eventually, but I know they won't be as good or the same as the show. That video was a crack up lol.

6. Holly (Between the Bookshelf) says:

I feel the same way. I just don't think the books can compare to the show. The parody was hilarious. Thanks for sharing this with us!

7. Logan E. Turner says:

@Missie – I'm glad I'm not the only person that still remembers that show! I was sooo sad when it got canceled.

@Smalls – I agree about Bonnie. Sometimes she gets replaced with Alaric when he's not busy being whiny. I'll have to check out Smith's other series. I didn't even know they existed!

@Ruby – Hahaha! See I think I'm spreading the prettiness around – I get to look at it and someone else still has room to enjoy it since I'm just the BFF. I haven't read the TWOP recaps! I can't believe I never thought of that. I read them religiously for The Bachelor because I die laughing.

@Aylee – The horror! Not a fan of the show?! Wait until school's out and then go back and rent it.

@Steph – I think I'm leaning no on the books, but let me know what you think if you read them.

@Holly – Glad I'm not the only one! You, me and Missie must stand strong! 🙂

8. Small Review says:

Alaric! I forgot about him. I like him a lot…minus his whole "Oh dear me, should I or should I not tell Jenna" bit. It's getting old. It's not like he's keeping her safe by not telling her (knife in the stomach already happened!) And if she freaks out, Damon can always come in and wipe her memory.

9. Logan E. Turner says:

Did you see last night's episode? WHOA-MIGOD! Alaric just got a whole lot more interesting. I agree, though, that the Jenna this is getting old. Isn't it easier to protect her if she knows about all the crazy stuff going on? I mean, especially since Jeremy's in on it all now too.

10. Carrie says:

I love Vampire Diaries! Thanks for the giggles 🙂

Search

About Me

A lover of words and sparkly things.

A fan of historical, dystopian, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, mystery, steampunk, and young adult fiction, as well as any book that thinks smartly and imaginatively.

Email me at loganeturnerblog at gmail dot com.

Connect with me