Waiting on Wednesday – Crossed by Ally Condie

Mar
14 COMMENTS • This post is filed under: Meme

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme run by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we discuss the books we’re anxiously awaiting for release.

I am too swamped for finals week to write anything coherent, so this week I’m skipping my usual Writing Wednesday to gush about the cover and synopsis reveal for Ally Condie’s second book in the Matched Trilogy, Crossed.

Summary from Goodreads: In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky â?? taken by the Society to his certain death â?? only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.

Cassiaâ??s quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander â?? who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassiaâ??s heart â?? change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.

I was such a huge fan of Matched and so I was UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED to see this cover and synopsis reveal last week. I’m not super psyched about the idea that most of the book will keep Cassia separate from Ky, but I am curious about seeing Xander again. I mean, Xander as key to the uprising? Ky to his certain death? An unexpected betrayal? I cannot wait for this book!

I also think that cover is gorgeous. I love that it is a progression from the last cover, with Cassia breaking through the globe that kept her so beautifully contained on the cover of Matched. Ally Condie also confirmed that the green and blue color themes have to do with the pills, so I assume the third (still untitled) book will feature red. Love the simplicity, love the images, and love that they relate back to the books. Gorgeous!

What do you think of the cover? Are you as excited about this book as I am?

Tags:

CommentLuv badge

14 Responses to “Waiting on Wednesday – Crossed by Ally Condie”

1. Scoot says:

I am definitely excited about this book too! I am a little iffy on the cover, it just looks a little awkward to me. It is pretty hard to top that first cover with the amazing green dress… But that won't hold me back from reading it! I can't wait! Good pick.

2. Jill says:

Yea! Welcome to WoW!

3. Missie says:

*sobs* *wants WW* *tries to understand* *still pouts*

I loved Matched, and I can not wait for Crossed! I love how the color themes of the cover go with the book and the pills. It's brilliant!

YES! I'm excited!

4. Lisa says:

Love Love Love This Cover! I can't wait to read this. Hope you will check out My WoW Choice

5. Emma says:

Ugh, I love this cover!! I really like the progression with the covers – that's something that I really like with series. That, and consistency (like Harry P., which I am currently re-reading cuz I can't wait for the last movie! Which, Mr. Emma has agreed to see with me – on opening night, at midnight! Winner 🙂 Okay, that was sort of a ramble, but what I'm getting at is that I love consistency and/or progression in both books and covers, so hopefully Crossed has both!

6. Jenni Elyse says:

I'm definitely waiting on this book. I can't wait to find out what's next in Cassia's story. I love the cover! I love that she's breaking out of the bubble and what that means for the future of the story!

7. Logan E. Turner says:

@Scoot – I think I like Matched's cover better as well. The photoshopping on this one is a bit questionable, but overall it's successful. You're right, though, nothing about the cover could ever convince me to not read this one!

@Jill – Thanks! Great meme!

@Missie – Don't cry. It'll be back…but not for awhile. Vacation starts next week. I'll get you a hankie.

@Emma – Consistency is so big for me. How do they expect us to buy a whole series if all the covers look weird together? I think that's why the Nightshade/Wolfsbane flap was so big.

@Jenni – I agree! Love the symbolism.

8. BookGeek says:

Ahhh! Still need to read Matched. Both covers are amazing – I love the continuity of them.

9. Mflick1 says:

I really just need to get my hands on the first one…badly.

10. Jen says:

I fell in love with this cover as soon as I saw it. Still need to read Matched, but both are on my list. Great pick! I'm a new follower.

My WoW!

11. Brodie says:

YES!!! I am insanely excited to get my hands on this! The cover is just perfect, I absolutely love it. I'm with you on being a little disappointed that we may not see as much Ky – I love that boy <3 But I can't wait to see what Ally has in store for us next. November is too long away!

12. abeautifulmadness says:

I haven't read Matched yet. I really have to read this one

13. Gina @ My Precious says:

I have not even had a chance to read Matched yet, but I so want to. This one looks exciting, too! Love the cover.

14. Anonymous says:

I luv xander!!!!!!! Ky iz okay but i hope cassia picks xander!!!

Search

About Me

A lover of words and sparkly things.

A fan of historical, dystopian, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, mystery, steampunk, and young adult fiction, as well as any book that thinks smartly and imaginatively.

Email me at loganeturnerblog at gmail dot com.

Connect with me