Bloggiesta

Jan
10 COMMENTS • This post is filed under: Events

Bloggiesta is here! Run by Maw Books Blog, this is a three day marathon of blog prep work. If you’d like to join up, follow the linked image and you can sign up anytime this weekend. There are lots of fun challenges and there will be motivating posts up to help you get organized!

Here’s my to-do list so far:

I’ll be updating this post throughout the weekend as I cross things off my list. I don’t know if I’ll get through all of it, but hopefully I’ll make some good headway.

**UPDATE**

I made really great progress. I got a lot done to clean up my theme, get a better title font, get social media icons and get templates ready to go in Google Docs. It helped me tremendously to get organized and feel like I can maintain this blog without completely losing my sanity or failing out of school. Thanks to everyone who posted informative helpful tips and had patience with my commenting absence while trying to sort through all of this stuff. 🙂

**UPDATE WITH QUESTION**

So I have this new font for my blog title, which showed up exactly as I coded it in CSS in my Safari browser at home, but in Chrome it only shows “Lo” and in Internet Explorer it doesn’t show any of the shadowing. Is there something I need to put in the HTML/CSS to fix this or is it something I have to live with?

It seems cross-browser shadowing is an issue in CSS. Too bad. I took out the shadow effect and it opens fine now, but it really looked nice with a shadow. 🙁

CommentLuv badge

10 Responses to “Bloggiesta”

1. JoyTTWorld says:

This sounds like a great way to stay organized, most of it I've been meaning to get to but haven't yet while others I feel like I should have thought of but for whatever the reason haven't.

2. Small Review says:

I have to go to sleep and stop messing around on blogs, but I'll email you tomorrow to show you how to make a poll. Did you want it in a blog post or on a sidebar?

3. Natasha @ Maw Books says:

Great list Logan! Give me a shout out if you need any help with anything this weekend.

4. Kristin says:

You've got quite the to-do list! Hope you get lots done!

Have a great weekend!
    Kristin
    a MyBookishWays

5. brandileigh2003 says:

Wow! That is quite a lot to accomplish. best of luck!
    Brandi from Blkosinerâ??s Book Blog

6. Rachel Searles says:

That's an ambitious list! Good luck! 🙂

7. The Lovely Getaway says:

Gosh, I need to make myself a list like this… its a good way to stay organized!

Diana
    ps i love your button! love how its the same bckgrnd as your blog… 🙂 how did you make it? I've been meaning to create one but i dont have the slightest idea on how to start!

8. alitareads says:

That's a great list! Best of luck and happy bloggiesta!

9. Callista says:

Your logo for your Sunday posts looks great. Sometimes simple IS best. Thanks for trying my mini-challenge.

10. Small Review says:

I still haven't emailed you! I'm so sorry!

Your blog is looking better and better every time I come by. I love the font you chose. Big huge congrats to you for crossing off all those things on your list! You rock 🙂

Search

About Me

A lover of words and sparkly things.

A fan of historical, dystopian, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, mystery, steampunk, and young adult fiction, as well as any book that thinks smartly and imaginatively.

Email me at loganeturnerblog at gmail dot com.

Connect with me